Welcome to the Other Games Blog.

We have a blog just for Nintendo, so we thought we might as well create this.

Tuesday, October 2, 2012

The Doctor Rants: Dark Souls PTD edition

Dark Souls, one of my favourite games of 2011 now has a PC port. Yes I know I'm late talking about this. still... 
I don't know about the rest of you, but my copy of the game lags. REALLY BADLY. i struggle to get the game to run at 30 fps and it really gets on my nerves. especially when the game moves so slowly than a boss can kill you due to your timing being waaaaaay off. I haven't been able to properly play the game due to this lag, neither have i been able to play online for long periods of time due to framerate being 'insufficient for online play.' 
Whilst in the past i have been the advocate for substance over style, i must make this point. this is a PC game, and the fact that the CONSOLE version looks better than the vanilla PC version upsets me. that goodness that there is a mod that brings the game to its full PC potential without changing the game play in any way. 

WHY MUST YOU TAUNT ME ARTORIAS
WHY
Of course, I wasn't expecting the greatest PC port of all time, considering that this is FromSoftware's FIRST ever PC game, so kudos to them for making it. However, the biggest mistake they made was by far, making the game reliant on the the XBOX controller. ITS A PC GAME! I WANT TO USE MY MOUSE AN KEYBOARD. when I did try to play with the mouse and keyboard, I found the game to be unplayable. Its a real shame. If you are considering getting Darks Souls, get the console version, and wait for the Console DLC. Seriously. Just play the game where it was born, and you will be able to play it and enjoy to its full potential.



It also uses Windows Live for its multiplayer...
yeah,,,

1 comment:

  1. There's a modder out there who fixed the problems with the frame rate and updated the graphics, so dun worry

    ReplyDelete