Welcome to the Other Games Blog.

We have a blog just for Nintendo, so we thought we might as well create this.

Thursday, October 27, 2011

Batman Arkham City first gameplay impressions.

I thought today would be pretty suckish. After leaving my at four, I went to a nearby EB games to grab a copy of Edge of Time for 3DS. There were none. I was pretty annoyed at this. So, I caught a bus home...well, almost. A fight broke out on the bus between a man and a woman, so the bus driver called assault and we had to be ushered off to catch a new bus. After finally getting on another one, I eventually got off at my stop and had to wait AGAIN for the next bus to take me home. Midway through, I changed my mind and let the bus drop me at "the village" shopping centre to have another look for Edge of Time. STILL NOTHING! It was at this point things started to turn around. While I couldn't get Edge of Time, I did pre-order the legendary edition of Skyward Sword (the guy at the desk said: "But I just did that for everyone!") Meanwhile, a noob was playing Arkham City in the store. I watched and waited. Eventually, when Boy Blunder finally got tired of trying to solve the riddle of "If noise is from the soul, then music must be from the heart" (or something like that) he got off. I'm going: Well done Dork Knight, let me show you how it's done, and pick up the controller. Two things immediately grabbed my attention. The first of these being that I was out of practise. I hadn't played Arkham City in a while... The second: THE GAME %&#$ING ROCKED! OH MY GOD, IT'S AMAZING!
It feels similar, but at the same time, so new. The gliding and flight mechanics are the best ever and there are new "quick fire options" for gadgets. I was worried about these before playing the game, I thought they would be clunky and hard to use. Not so, they are as simple as: hold L1 and tap face button. It feels smooth and natural, but most of all, it feels like Batman. I want nothing more than to play this game, but I will have to wait. But I can wait. Besides, there are Metroids that need exterminating...
The videos do three things
1.) Proves IGN are noobs
2.) Shows of Bronze age Batman
3.) Makes Boy Wonder haters cringe.

5 comments:

  1. Batman vs Altair
    Nightwing vs Ezio
    Robin vs Desmond
    Vigilantes vs Assassins
    And the winner is:

    ReplyDelete
  2. the real winner is Magikarp

    ReplyDelete
  3. Be serious (as serious as you can be with Batman and Assassin's Creed) who would win for each round and who would be the overall winner.

    ReplyDelete